We use a number of different cookies on our site;
A ‘cookie’ is a very small piece of information in the form of a text file placed on your computer hard drive by lots of the websites that you visit. ‘Cookies’ allow us to help you get the best out of your visit to the website and improve your user experience, for instance by remembering that you have visited before. They can also be used to make sure that the advertising you see is relevant to you. For further information about ‘cookies’ please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
By navigating around the Storebox Self Storage website we will assume you are happy with ‘cookies’ being set by us to improve your experience at www.storebox.ie. The cookies enable us to show you content and services that we believe you will be interested in.
Our ‘cookies’ are used to store basic information, like your user identification. They do not store password or credit card information.
If you would like a quote for storage and would rather not use our website, please call us and we can provide a quote over the phone. Our telephone number is 01 506 5525.
The sections below describe the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for.
Strictly necessary cookies;
These ‘cookies’ are importantly created to help support the structure of the pages that are displayed to you. These help the website to function and enhance the look and feel of the website. They also help to improve navigation around our website and allow you to return to pages and storage locations you have previously visited.
This type of ‘cookie’ are temporary and only lasts for the duration of the time you are browsing the website and are deleted when you leave.
‘Cookies’ are used to provide aggregated statistics on visitors to our websites and their browsing behaviour. This enables us to order the site to make customers’ journeys easier, and if necessary make improvements. The data is aggregated and anonymised, which means we cannot identify you as an individual.
We use ‘cookies’ to make accessing the website more convenient, so you don’t need to re-enter your personal details such as email address, phone number and post code when getting a storage quote or booking a storage unit. This information will allow us to welcome you by name, and over time to personalise our website content to reflect your preferences. For security reasons, you will still need to enter your password when accessing your online storage account.
Our ‘cookie’ will remain on your personal computer, tablet or mobile phone until you delete it. If you choose to do this, you will need to enter your details each time you visit the site. It is possible for you to view our website without providing any personal information, but you will need to re-enter your details so we can process a quote or booking you make.
General Data Protection Regulation
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) comes into force across the European Union on 25th May 2018 and brings with it the most significant changes to data protection law in two decades.
At Storebox, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of visitors to our website. We want you to know that Storebox Self Storage Ltd. is not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
When you share your personal data with us, we treat it with care and take our responsibility to protect it seriously. That’s why we’ve just updated our privacy notice to better communicate how we handle your personal data.
Who we are
Storebox Self Storage Limited is the operator of the website
We collect, use and are responsible for certain information about you. When we do so, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Personal information we collect and use.
We use analytical services, with the intended purpose of improving the site and your experience. The data is anonymized as much as possible. The services used are:
We use Google Analytics with the aim of improving the user experience for all our site users. The data collected shows the paths taken whilst on the site and how users interact and respond to changes. None of this is associated to you personally as an individual. For more information on Google Analytics, please click here to see their privacy notice
Smartlook is used to track user interactivity upon the site. It allows us to understand the journeys taken upon the site and understand if recent changes are improving experiences. The sessions captured are retained only temporarily. We sometimes include the webforms within this tracking and therefore the details added to the forms is captured. For more information on Smartlook, please click here to see their privacy notice.
Personal information provided by you;
During operating our self storage business, we collect personal information when you provide it to us, such as your name, address, email address, phone number(s), date of birth, personal identification such as a driving license or passport.
Personal information about other individuals;
If you give us information on behalf of someone else as an alternate contact, referee or next of kin, you confirm that the other person has agreed that you can;
- Give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- Receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices; and
- If relevant, give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad.
Sensitive personal information;
We will not usually ask you to provide sensitive personal information. We will only ask you to provide sensitive personal information if we need to for a specific reason, for example, if we believe you are having difficulty dealing with your account due to illness. If we request such information, we will explain why we are requesting it and how we intend to use it.
Sensitive personal information includes information relating to your ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, whether you belong to a trade union, your physical or mental health or condition, sexual life, and whether you have committed a criminal offence. We will only collect your sensitive personal information with your explicit consent.
We do not knowingly collect personal data relating to children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 16 and think that we may have information relating to that child, please contact us. We will ask you to prove your relationship to the child but if you do so you may (subject to applicable law) request access to and deletion of that child’s personal data.
How and when do we collect information from you?
As part of our enquiry process we collect your name, email and telephone number simply so we can contact you in response. We will not use these details for any future contact, but if you prefer enquiries can be made via any of our telephone numbers or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails). We may do this for several reasons, such as to check the quality of our customer service, for training purposes, to prevent fraud or to make sure we are complying with legal requirements.
If you visit any of our self storage sites, some personal data may be collected from monitoring devices and systems such as closed-circuit TV (CCTV) and door entry systems at the sites.
Prospective customers are required to provide forms of ID that allow us to check:
- Full name – forenames and last name
- Date of birth
- Full permanent address
You must provide original documents, not photocopies, and one form of identification must contain a verified photograph, such as a passport or driver’s licence.
The ID provided is retained on file once you have read the contract and accepted our terms and conditions. This is so that we can easily identify you and maintain the overall security of the Storebox Self Storage sites for all our customers.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, however, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information on cookies generally you may visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on a different lawful basis for collecting and using personal data in different situations.
Where you make enquiries about storing with us before you become a customer, we need to collect personal information about you so that we can take steps to enter into a contract with you. Once you have become a customer, we need to collect and use personal information to provide services to you and to claim our right to be paid in return for our services under our standard terms of business/contract with you. This includes collecting and using your personal information to:
- Enable us to follow up on enquiries made by you in relation to storing with us in accordance with industry guidelines and to give you our quote;
- Prepare a storage agreement with you and arrange insurance cover if required;
- Manage any accounts you hold with us;
- Contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for or to provide information you have requested;
- Deal with payment for our services;
- Notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you; and
- Resolve disputes or collect overdue payments.
We collect and use personal information from our customers and staff to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we will take copies of documents that identify you so that we can comply with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing requirements.
Legitimate business interests
We may collect and process your personal information for our legitimate business interests, examples of this are detailed below.
Our priority is to make sure we give a high quality and secure service to customers and to follow up effectively on enquiries even though we accept that not all enquiries will lead to a business relationship or contract.
We collect personal information to;
- Follow up on enquiries and provide quotes for storage or details of offers;
- Conduct research and analyse website visitor behaviour patterns;
- Customise our website and its content to your preferences;
- Improve our services;
- Detect and prevent fraud;
- Prevent offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content being sent to or posted on our websites or to stop any other form of disruptive behaviour.
- It is a key feature of our storage sites that we operate CCTV.
- We collect and process CCTV images;
- so we can fulfil our contractual obligation to deliver a secure self storage environment;
- to establish whether you are doing something that breaches your contract with us; and
- to assist in the establishment or defence of any crime or other investigation.
We may also communicate with you, information about other services we can offer you and update you about our activities and promotions which may be of interest to you.
Storebox Self Storage reserve the right to send marketing emails or text messages about Storebox services to persons who have provided contact details in the course of enquiring for a storage quote on this website.
If you would not like to receive such communications, you can either:
- Click on the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of one of our marketing emails to you.
- Email us an un-subscribe request to email@example.com. It may take up to 48 hours for this to take place.
- During an online quote, tick the check box where prompted to opt out of marketing communications.
- If you do not wish to continue receiving these communications, you can opt out at any time. See ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information.
- If you ask us to stop contacting you in this way, you can also ask us to start again at any time.
If we propose to use your information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. If we need your consent to use your information for these other purposes, we will give you the opportunity to opt in or to refuse. If you opt in, you will be able to opt out at any time.
When will we contact any other person about you?
If you provide us with details of any other person we can contact to discuss your account, we may contact that person and discuss and share the details of your account with that person and deal with that person in relation to your account as if that person was you. We may particularly want to do this if we are unable to get in touch with you for any reason. If you change your mind, you can email or write to us and have this person taken off your account as an alternate contact person.
Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Service providers under contract with us to support our business operations, such as fraud prevention, debt collection, payroll, technology services
- Our insurers and insurance brokers if you take out insurance cover through us;
- Law enforcement or government agencies relating to any investigation to help prevent or detect unlawful activity;
- Any person or agency if we need to share that information to comply with the law or to enforce any agreement we may have with you or to protect the health and safety of any person;
- Any person who you have named as a person we can contact to discuss your account;
- Any person who is your agent or representative, such as the holder of a power of attorney, a legal guardian or person administering a will;
- Any person who we are negotiating with as a potential buyer of our business or property or if we are proposing to merge our business with another business;
- If we pass data on to insurers, they may enter your data onto a register of claims which is shared with other insurers to prevent fraudulent claims. If we use an outside party to process your information, we will require them to comply with our instructions about the services they provide for us and not for their own business purposes.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measure in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those people processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will use technical measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your customer account is controlled by a password;
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- payment details are encrypted on the secure server
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable supervisory body of a suspected data breach where we are legally required to do so.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to keep your personal data safe, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any concerns about your information, please contact us.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Transfers of your personal information out of the European Economic Area (EEA);
We will not transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will usually hold your personal information as a customer for the period we are required to retain this information by applicable EU law, currently 6 years from the end of our contract, unless you have told us you want us to delete the information earlier.
We keep personal information provided during a storage quote for as long as necessary for analytical and also direct marketing purposes (unless you have opted out).
What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several important rights. These include the following rights:
- Request a copy of your information which we hold (subject access request);
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Require us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes;
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information;
- Restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or which affect you significantly; and
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
Further information on each of these rights is available from the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email, call or write to us.
Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport), and let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
How to contact us;
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about the way we use your personal information.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to or write to us at Storebox Self Storage, Unit 3EC, Kilmore Road,, Artane, Dublin 5 or call us on 01 506 5525.
The General data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in Ireland is the Data Protection Commissioner who may be contacted at
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 17/05/2018. We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version.